Korbett has over 10 years’ experience working in both the non-profit and government sector. He has worked with organizations on a broad range of issues, including education, housing, and workforce development.
He currently serves on the City of Tacoma’s Human Service Commission and Vision 2025 Advisory Committee; as well as, the American Leadership Forum Program Committee and the Puyallup Watershed Initiative. Over the last few years, Korbett has provided consulting services for the City of Tacoma’s Neighborhood Council Program, Neighborhood Business District Program, and more recently to several of the independently run Neighborhood Councils.
Korbett is a part of the Business Examiner’s 2014 class of 40-under-forty community/business leaders. He is a long-time member of the Pierce County Black Collective, a Palmer Scholar, and a Senior Fellow (class 18) of the American Leadership Forum.
He is completing his Master in Public Administration degree at Evergreen State College with a concentration in non-profit management. Korbett currently works as the Manager of Family Stability Initiatives for United Way of Pierce County and lives with his wife and three boys in Tacoma’s Central Neighborhood.
Top 5 Strengths (Strengths-Finder)
- Implementation of strategic plans
- Public involvement/engagement strategy
- Desktop publishing
- Creating marketing materials
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Research and data analysis
- Website development and social media strategy
- Non-profit program development
- Diversity leadership and facilitation
- Evergreen State College Tacoma, Master of Public Administration
- Tacoma Community College, AA